Acme Pawn is the ultimate Firearms lender in Colorado Springs.
We loan on new and used guns at all of our locations. You will find an impressive collection of new and pre-owned guns and firearms at Acme Pawn. The Firearms included are conceal and carry guns, home protection shotguns, rifles, collectible revolvers, etc. Some of the brands we carry include Ruger, Remington, Browning, Winchester, Bear, Gerber, Glock, Colt, Smith & Wesson, Mossberg and more. Our selection of new and used guns is second to none! Come by one of our Acme Pawn Shops before you head to the local sporting goods store. We acquire many types of collectible and sport guns you won’t see on the shelves of your typical store! If you want a loan on your gun, Colorado State Law requires a CBI background check before you can redeem it. A $7 fee is required and this fee goes directly to the state.
Before you visit one of our locations, we have a few tips so you know what to expect and look for when pawning a firearm.
- Always expect a firearm to be loaded! Always verify that the gun you are examining is unloaded!
Understanding the Laws
It doesn’t matter if you already own a firearm or not, you should be aware of the legal requirements and responsibilities of gun ownership. Acme Pawn shop must comply with local and federal laws in order to buy and sell guns.
- Any Pawn Shop that buys or sells guns must be licensed with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms as an FFL or Federal Firearms Licensee. This gives us the license to buy, sell and pawn firearms in the US and we must follow all federal gun regulations.
- We must perform background checks on anyone who is looking to reacquire their pawned firearms.
- We cannot accept stolen property at any time including firearms.
- We are unable to accept pawns from minors. (A valid ID is required for all pawns.)
Firearm Pawning Process
- Unload and case the gun.
- Bring photo identification (Driver’s License etc.)
- Review the terms of your loan and keep your receipt. You will need it when you reclaim your gun.
- When you reclaim your gun, we will do a background check. After passing the background check and when all fees are paid, your firearm will be returned to you. (No family or friends can reclaim your firearms for you.)